We have two dogs, Harvey and Snoop or Snoop Dogg to be more precise.
Harvey is a cocker spaniel that was given to us after being rejected by not just one, but three families. For fourteen years he has remained a faithful friend to everyone that meets him. Now he’s an old man and has the new kid on the block to contend with … Snoop Dogg.
Snoop is a chocolate Labrador. He eats everything as if he’s never had a meal before… boundless energy, playful, obedient and as for the saying ‘you can’t teach an old dog new tricks’… he has taught Harvey so much.
Eat everything you can as fast as you can, before someone else takes it is one of the new lessons learnt. No more leisurely meals around here.
They are so funny to watch and are a great asset to our family.
I believe that you can learn lessons from almost anything; here are just a few of the life lessons that we can learn from a dog this Christmastime.
1) When loved ones come home always run to greet them.
2) Play daily.
3) Eat with enthusiasm.
4) Be loyal.
5) Never pretend to be something that you’re not.
6) If what you want is buried, dig until you find it.
7) When someone is having a bad day, sit close by, listen, and be patient and affectionate.
8) Avoid biting when a friendly growl will do.
9) When you’re happy, dance around the room.
10) Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
11) No matter how many times you get scolded, get over it, run back and make friends.
12) Don’t be afraid to let people get close to you.
Proverbs 18:24 MSG
“Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.”
A daily devotion for a better way of living.
…Coming up later this week… festive recipes for you to try at home!