You may have a giant in your life.
That giant may be in the form of depression, debt, sin, wrong relationships, bad habits, worry, addiction, or even people.
David had to deal with a giant called Goliath, and deal with it he did.
Here’s some things to help you identify that giant in your life…
1. It will be big (that’s why it’s called a giant)
– Goliath was over 9 feet tall.
- It will taunt you.
It will mock you, tempt you, make you feel useless, tell you there’s no hope.
– Goliath taunted the Israelite army for weeks.
- It will bring you fear. It will scare you, make you believe there’s no way out.
Remember, FEAR is usually ‘False Evidence Appearing Real’.
– Goliath brought fear to everyone around him.
- It will be consistent. Our giants are GIANTS and they won’t give up. They are massive, and something massive won’t give up easily.
– The Bible says that Goliath came day after day after day.
Tomorrow, we’ll look at how to deal with it.
If you can’t wait ‘til then, read 1 Samuel 17 to help you.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.