Faith is like a muscle – the more you use it, the stronger it becomes.
The less you use it the weaker it becomes or shall we say the weaker you become in faith.
Faith is also like a bridge.
It is the very thing that is between where I am and where I want to go.
If you don’t want to go anywhere or make anything of your life then you don’t need faith.
Faith is there for those that want to push through and make a difference.
Faith is the very substance of the things that you want to see changed in your lifetime.
Hebrews 11:1 ‘Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.’
Ask yourself…’do I have faith?’
Here are some signs that will help you to know whether you have faith in God or whether your trust is only in man.
1) Whenever you face all of your problems alone and trust only in yourself to get you out of difficulty, it’s a sign.
2) Whenever you face obstacles, crisis and dilemmas and your confidence is only in the people around you to sort it, it’s a sign.
3) Whenever you are faced with a financial crisis and you only ever reach for your credit card, it’s a sign.
4) Whenever you are sick and the first thought is the Doctor, it’s a sign.
5) Whenever you don’t know what to do and the first thing you do is to pick up the phone and ask six people for advice, it’s a sign.
Jesus never told people to have just plain faith – but faith in God.
Today, I encourage you to build your faith muscle by stepping out in total trust that God will come through for you – do it right now by simply praying this prayer…
Lord Jesus I bring my need to you right now. I ask you to help me by providing a miracle for me. I can’t sort this on my own, so I turn to you with complete confidence that you can help me. Amen.’
And remember…all things are possible, only believe.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.