I love going to fitness classes. It’s not always easy to motivate myself to go, but I do go.
When I’m there, I may moan about the difficult tasks or I may think “should I be doing this at my age!?”
But of course, the answer is yes. Exercise is good. And the benefits far out way the excuses.
A gold standard athlete has to go through RIGOROUS training to get where he/she needs to be.
- Getting up and out at 5 am for training in all weathers, not just when it’s warm and sunny.
- Running up hills and mountains for stamina training, when you sometimes can’t even breathe.
- Going away for weeks on end for intense training.
- Not eating and drinking what everyone else does, but sticking to a strict diet instead
- Not staying out late and going to all the places your friends do, because you need good sleep and you have to get up early for training.
These are just a few of the ‘hardships’ that an athlete would go through.
Surely, there are times when they would want to give up? I’m sure so.
But ask them when they are standing on that podium with the gold medal, if it was worth it and I’m sure the answer is YES.
Good things don’t come easy.
Success doesn’t happen overnight.
Hard work and faithfulness produce excellent results.
Are you contemplating giving up today?
Are you making excuses?
You are stronger than you think.
Galatians 6:9 Don’t grow weary in doing good. For at the proper time, you WILL reap a harvest, if you don’t give up.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.