Never lose your wonder!
I’ll never forget the first time my daughter saw Santa Claus.
He was coming out of a small village church and she was in awe!
She was two years old as she ran to him shouting “Santa” with arms flung open she grabbed hold of his legs.
She’s now five and at Christmastime, she sees Santas everywhere and she doesn’t even bat an eyelid!
‘Familiarity breeds contempt’ can be a very true saying, but sometimes it should not be.
I have never liked the saying ‘you can tell a new Christian because of their passion.’
It’s as if there was a time when we were naïve enough to believe in the promises of God, but in the day-to-day of life, we have learned to tone it down.
Well this Christmas, let’s choose to tone it up!
Often we think ‘to wonder’ at something isn’t a choice but just a bi-product of a big event or encounter, almost just an involuntary action.
We have a choice right now to stop in all our festive preparations and consider what an amazing God we serve.
You can easily wonder on each of these thoughts from the Bible for hours!
– God had thoughts of you and chose you before he created the universe!
– God is familiar with all your ways, always thinking thoughts of you. He planned great things for you before you were born!
– I’m sure you can imagine quite a lot, but, His power at work in you can do far more than you dare ask or imagine!
– God thinks the world of you, even counting the hairs on your head!
And my favourite!
– what God has prepared for you is so ‘other worldly’ so amazing that it says of all the billions of people who have ever lived or are alive today, no one has ever had a single thought in the right direction, even by accident, of just how great it is!
1 Corinthians 2:9
The bigger our picture and wonder of God the smaller our problems and less distracting they appear.
This Christmas, choose to wonder and increase in joy for all that Jesus has done in your life!
A daily devotion for a better way of living.