I love watching DIY type programmes – especially where they renovate people’s homes in order to sell them.
One of the common underlying factors that keeps houses unsold is the fact that the owners become ‘blind’ to what needs updating and renovating.
We can get so used to living in the same house and looking at the same four walls that we don’t see what needs doing. A fresh pair of eyes usually reveals the full extent of anything that’s been overlooked.
Living a life of faith also means that we need to have a gentle nudge from time to time, in order to show us where our faith needs renovating.
The word NOVATE means to replace with something new.
Here’s what one man said in the Bible…Mark 9:24 ‘I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!’
He was saying…’renovate my faith.’
Here are some signs that you need to renovate your faith and overcome your unbelief:
– When you say ‘it can’t be done.’
– When you’re overwhelmed by problems.
– When you feel that you’re trusting only in your plans.
– Whenever you’re faced with a financial need and you reach first for your credit card.
– Whenever you face a crisis, obstacle or dilemma and your faith is more in the people around you than it is in God.
– When you continually talk to yourself in a language called doubt.
Remember, Jesus didn’t teach people to have faith, but to have faith in God.
Mark 11:22 ‘Have faith in God,’ Jesus answered.
It’s worth noting that the actual translation is this…’Have the faith OF God.’
Ask yourself, how much faith does God have for your situation right now? 100%!
Start to see your situation through the eyes of Jesus and you’ll soon start to renovate your faith in God.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’
A daily devotion for a better way of living.