We all want a stress-free life without ever having to work at it, but it can’t be done.
Over 25 years ago now I was experiencing some really strange symptoms and after a series of visits to the Doctors I was diagnosed with chronic stress. I was advised that day that I should take a break and go on a holiday, something that I explained that I couldn’t afford to do or wish to do. I eventually ended up having to take three months off and a very kind couple paid for us to go on holiday.
That time away saved me and helped me to understand that I’d simply burnt myself out.
As I’ve put things in place in order to live a more balanced life over the years, I realise that its kept me from ever going backwards, even though I’ve come close on a number of occasions.
Here are a few things that you should consider in order to help you keep stress free in 2017:
- Take time to pray and read the Bible each day
- Plan for a holiday…if you look like your passport photograph then you probably need one.
- Eat right – a balanced diet is not about having a biscuit in each hand.
- Exercise 3-5 times a week for 30 minutes.
- Develop better time-management habits.
- Make room in your life for fun.
- Get enough sleep.
- Maintain your sense of humour.
- Start counting your blessings.
- When you talk to yourself, say nice things.
- Simplify your life by eliminating clutter.
- Develop a sense of purpose by setting yourself goals.
- Forgive – grudges are too heavy to carry.
- Be generous.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.