People will often treat you according to how you treat yourself; pelope will eventually speak about you according to how you speak about yourself too.
When God made man and woman, as recorded in the book of Genesis, He gave a huge thumbs up and stated that they were ‘very good’. He gave them His royal seal of approval.
Having a healthy self esteem is not pride, but it’s having a correct opinion of yourself as revealed in God’s word.
Your opinion of YOU will affect everything you do in life, not to mention its effect on how far you will go in life.
Stop and ask yourself today, ‘how do I really feel about myself?’
Before you answer, read these 10 principles to help correctly govern your life.
1. Never think or speak negatively about yourself – that puts you in disagreement with God
2. Work on your God-given strengths and learn to encourage yourself – for most of the time, nobody else will.
3. Don’t compare yourself to anybody else. You’re unique, one of a kind, an original. So don’t settle for being a copy.
4. Focus on your potential, not your limitations.
5. Find what you like to do, do well, and strive to do it with excellence.
6. Have the courage to be different. Be a God pleaser and not a man pleaser.
7. Learn to handle criticism. Let it develop you instead of discourage you.
8. Determine your own worth instead of letting others do it for you. They’ll short change you.
9. Keep your shortcomings in perspective – you’re still a work in progress.
10. Focus daily on your greatest source of confidence – the God who lives in you.
Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.