You often hear the phrase “in the meantime”. What exactly does that mean?
The meantime is a place between two places,
Often when one thing has finished and before another starts.
Sometimes we can have a ‘meantime’ in our lives and here are a few things that happen….
– We get a lack of decision, we cannot decide
– We suffer from procrastination, we keep putting things off
– We compromise, we go with the flow instead of waiting
– We settle for a quick fix, a quick answer instead of the real thing
– We get involves in wrong things , we try to find fulfilment in lots of different areas.
– We get anxious about our waiting.
Use the meantime wisely. Let God use it as a time to teach you and for you to grow.
Maybe, you are having a ‘meantime’ because you are not quite ready for the next phase or maybe God wants to bring something out of you and work something through you.
God promised Abraham that he would be a Father of many, yet he couldn’t quite wait for God’s promise. It was during that ‘meantime’ that he took matters into his own hands and made quite a mess of things because he couldn’t wait.
Make sure that during your ‘meantime’ you do the following
– Stay focused
– Shut out all the negatives
– Know that He has a purpose for you
– Keep trusting
-Keep your channels open by praying and reading God’s word – that way you will be open to His encouragement
– Learn quickly – the quicker you do, the sooner your meantime will end and you will be on to the next season of your life.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.