The Bible records the words ‘fear not‘ 365 times…that’s one for each day.
It’s not a suggestion – it’s a command.
If we can win this battle, we can win almost anything.
From my own journey… here are 10 things that fear has caused in my life.
1) Fear causes us to reduce the size of God and elevate the size and opinion of man.
2) Fear causes us to go backwards
3)Fear causes us to stay quiet when we should speak up.
4) Fear causes us to be passive about an issue that has clearly been brought to our attention,
5) Fear causes us to seek consensus rather than really seeking the voice of God.
6) Fear keeps us from engaging in the broken, the hurting, the misfits, and the neglected, because we fear they will mess up our lives.
7) Fear causes us to refuse to embrace change, because we care more about being comfortable than being conformed to Christ.
8)Fear causes us to control things and take matters into our own hands, rather than trusting God and trusting others.
9) Fear causes us to conceal our sin rather than confess our sin.
10) Fear causes us to seek the easy decision rather than the right one.
Proverbs 29:25 (NIV)
Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
Isaiah 41:10-13 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ‘All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.