Faith is like a muscle —the more you use it the stronger it becomes.
The opposite is also true — the less you use it the weaker it becomes, or shall we say the weaker you become in faith.
Faith is also like a bridge—its the very thing that enables me to get from where I am to where I want to go. Now, if you don’t want to go anywhere or make anything of your life then you don’t need faith; you can do that all by yourself!
Faith is for those that understand that they need to completely rely on God, and with such faith want to push through and make a difference.
Faith is the very substance of things that you want to see changed in your life time.
Hebrews 11:1 ‘Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see’.
Ask yourself…do I have faith?
Here are some signs that will help you to know whether you have faith in God or not:
1) Whenever you face your daily problems and the only person to trust in is yourself —it’s a sign.
2) Whenever you face obstacles, crisis, drama and dilemmas, and your confidence is only in the people around you to sort it — it’s a sign.
3) Whenever you are faced with a financial crisis and you only ever reach for your credit card—it’s a sign.
4) Whenever you are sick and the first thought is the Doctor —it’s a sign.
5) Whenever you don’t know what to do and the first thing you do is to pick up the phone and ask six people for advice —it’s a sign.
Jesus never told people to have just plain faith in someone – but faith in God.
Matthew 9:27-31 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, ‘Have mercy on us, Son of David!’ When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, ‘Do you believe that I am able to do this?’ ‘Yes, Lord,’ they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, ‘According to your faith let it be done to you’; and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, ‘See that no one knows about this.’ But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.
Today, I encourage you to build your faith muscle by stepping out in total trust that God will come through for you – do it right now by simply praying this prayer…
‘Lord Jesus, I bring my need to you right now. I ask you to help me by providing a miracle for me. I can’t sort this on my own, so I turn to you with complete confidence that you can hear me and that you can answer my prayer. In Jesus name. Amen.’
And remember: all things are possible, only believe.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.