Sharing the gospel with the unsaved starts long before we talk to them about God. It starts long before we have an invitation to church. Sharing the gospel starts in ourselves.
The world are watching YOU. Your community is desperate for ‘another way’ and some answers.
Here are some real practical ways you can demonstrate the kingdom of God in small ways, that speak loudly:
– Watch your attitude toward money. Why? Because money has a hold on people. When you manage your money differently, it is obvious, because it tells them, ‘money doesn’t have a hold on me, I have found something of greater value. My security is in something more secure’. Do not get a reputation for being stingy!
– Be yourself. Don’t put on a Christian front. Be fully yourself, alive in God.
– Be ready. We don’t have all the answers, but be as prepared as you can be. I recently asked some non-Christian friends for their honest thoughts and questions around Christianity. Their responses were:
‘If God exists, why do people suffer?’
‘Why in church do they pass the collection plate around for money?’
‘If God is an all forgiving God, then why doesn’t He just forgive us at the judgement gate when we see that He is real and we ask for forgiveness?’
Why does God allow some people to have children, who are horrible parents, and then people who would be wonderful parents can’t get pregnant?
Why does God allow awful deaths?
These are the real questions that people have around our faith. We need to be prepared with a response. 1 Peter 3:15 says, ‘Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you for give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.’
A few others…
– Be grateful
– Honour and acknowledge people from bottom to the top of the work place.
– Don’t gossip.
– Have a Spirit of excellence in what you do.
– Operate with integrity in all areas.
– Be solution based, not problem focused.
Operating in these ways is totally counter-culture. They are very practical, and sometimes difficult, but send a strong message about the heart of God to a community looking for answers.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.