How to deal with difficult times according to Philippians 4:
1. Be cheerful and joyous in every season of life (verse 4). How? Because you are united with Jesus 24/7, so regardless of your ever-changing world/circumstances, your connection to Him is constant!
2. Let gentleness be evident in your relationships (Verse 5). Why? Because you don’t know when Jesus is coming back or when your last day is! Being brutal or harsh is the opposite of being gentle. If today was your last day, have your interactions with others been marked with gentleness?
3. Don’t be pulled in different directions and worried (Verse 6). Being worried is when your mind goes into different directions/thought tracks. Keep your mind steadfast and focused on ‘prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude’.
4. Tell God every detail of your life (Verse 7). Why? Because the peace and answers of God enter your life as you process it out with Him.
5. Keep your thoughts fixed (Verse 8). Fixed on what is authentic and real, honourable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind AND on the work of God.
6. Follow the example left for you in the word of God (Verse 9).
A daily devotion for a better way of living.