As we approach the end of a turbulent year, let’s reflect!
You don’t have to be a genius to point out what has ‘gone wrong’ this year. A lot. Many of us are hanging out for the fresh start that 2021 might offer us.
Instead of wishing away the challenging year that has been, instead of wanting to forget 2020, instead of expecting 2021 to solve all of your 2020 problems, how about coming to the end of the year and reflecting on the following:
– What did you learn about yourself this year?
– What did you learn about God this year?
– How did God speak to you this year? What did you learn?
– How did the challenges shape you?
– How will the lesson learnt in 2020, change how you live in 2021?
I think a far bigger tragedy than 2020, would be leaving 2020 behind having gained or learnt nothing.
A new year will never be your saviour. I don’t want to be negative Nancy, but troubles will always be present. Let God be your fresh start, your hope and your promise, not a new year. Life is not about reaching this utopian standard of living (impossible). Life is about journeying alongside Him in EVERY season.
Let’s be people of faith who can stand in every season and storm.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.