EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES.
10 reasons why I don’t wash.
1. I was forced to as a child.
2. People who wash are hypocrites – they think they are cleaner than everybody else.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap, I can’t decide which one is best.
4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.
5. I wash only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I’ll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
8. I can’t spare the time.
9. The bathroom is never warm enough.
10. People who make soap are only after your money.
Have you noticed that when we laugh, we become more open to receive something more serious?
Every day, people make lame excuses concerning just about everything. Most of them fortunately don’t have too many serious implications, but some do.
The decision as to whether or not you will step out and fully trust Jesus with the leadership of your life, is the most major and most life changing decision you will ever make. That decision changes everything from the quality of your life right now, to the forgiveness of your past sins, right through to where will you spend eternity.
For many people, they are just one excuse away from surrendering their lives to God, and in a funny sort of way, those excuses usually sound like one of those listed above as to ‘why I don’t wash’!
Isn’t it time today to stop being so underwhelmed by God and allow HI’m to defeat every excuse you have with His very real love that He has for you right now?
Defeat your excuses – decide to follow Jesus.
Jeremiah 31:3 ‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.’
A daily devotion for a better way of living.