By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. (Proverbs 24:3-4)
Solomon, the guy who wrote the book of Proverbs, advised that we should build the foundation of our lives with bricks of wisdom and understanding; that wisdom comes from asking God about things.
God’s wisdom can also be found in what great men and women have discovered as they have sought God for answers on how to build their own lives.
From these words we get the phrase ‘pearls of wisdom’, meaning that we can receive so much understanding through one small spoken nugget of truth.
- The greatest danger for most of us is not that we aim too high and miss it, but that we aim too low and reach it – Michelangelo
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty – Sir Winston Churchill.
- A different world cannot be built by indifferent people – Peter Marshall
- Why wait for the iron to be hot before you strike…why not strike until it gets hot? – Reinhard Bonkke.
- People have a way of becoming what you encourage them to be – Jentezen Franklyn.
- Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. Proverbs 29:2
- Troubles are often tools by which God fashions us for better things.
- Faith makes all things possible – love makes all things easy- DL Moody
- An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.
- Every Christian needs half an hour of prayer each day, except when he is busy…then he needs an hour.
- Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see.
- No problem is too hard for God’s intervention and no problem too small for His attention.
A daily devotion for a better way of living.